Salary: £24660 - £30951
Your mobile application
You may find making an application much easier from a desktop computer. So why not forward yourself a link to this vacancy to pick up and apply on a desktop or laptop later. Alternatively you can send the link to someone you think would be suitable for the role.Send link Apply anyway
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, creative resourcing specialist to put their recruitment expertise to the test.
As a Resourcing Specialist, you will guide hiring managers to make the right resourcing choices every step of the way and deliver the right people at the right time, while ensuring a world class candidate journey. You will demonstrate excellent stakeholder management, coupled with planning and organisation skills and you will have previous recruitment experience ideally within a fast-paced complex environment.
You’ll work as a valuable member of the HR Shared Centre team, partnering with HR and hiring managers to ensure talent objectives are met through recruitment campaigns and supporting with talent attraction strategies.
• The role will be based in Ripley, Derbyshire/agile working, delivering a recruitment service to two police forces (Derbyshire and Leicestershire). You will be joining a recruitment team of 24, and will report to the Resourcing Partner, with a dotted line into the Head of Resourcing and you will travel regularly within Derbyshire and Leicestershire.
• Working collaboratively with hiring managers from all areas of the business you will be responsible for managing resourcing activities including planning, attracting and selecting new employees. You will provide advice and support throughout the hiring process as well as monitoring the effectiveness of individual approaches and campaigns.
• You will take ownership of both high-volume recruitment campaigns and individual professional vacancies. We predominately operate a direct recruitment model so you must have considerable experience using online and sourcing methods. You will develop attraction campaigns, conduct direct sourcing to fill hard to fill/specialist posts ensuring our recruitment methods are inclusive and support our diversity and inclusion commitments.
• As the resourcing function develops, there may be additional focus areas such as developing our apprenticeship/graduates, outreach delivery and evaluating other routes to market.
• As you’re a person who loves a challenge and to be in the hustle and bustle of the business, you’ll be able to meet tight deadlines, build great sustainable relationships and pride yourself on being efficient & organised.
Education, qualifications and skills
• To be successful in this role, you’ll have a passion for resourcing and recruiting, and will have experience in either an agency, RPO or in-house recruitment environment.
• You’ll have experience of utilising a range of attraction and direct sourcing practices / channels. With the ability to undertake market mapping and analysis to influence attraction/sourcing plans and managing key candidate pools.
• You’ll need to demonstrate high motivation and the ability to work in a fast paced and high-volume environment, delivering to KPI’s.
• You’ll have a flexible approach and will be highly driven to achieve great results for your internal clients, delivering a high value service to the business whilst ensuring an excellent candidate experience.
What we can offer you
• As Resourcing Specialist, you’ll receive a salary from £24,660 to £30,957 (full time) depending on experience level, plus a contributory pension scheme.
• This post is suitable for job share and/or a minimum of 4 days per week (30 hours per week).
• This opportunity will be offered on an initial Fixed Term basis (18-month contract), but with a view to being made Permanent, should the opportunity arise.
• Be part of a force that is rapidly expanding into new areas.
• Huge opportunity to develop this role and make it your own.
Working for the constabulary
Policing in Derbyshire takes more than 3,500 people in a wide range of roles. Around half of these are police officers, but we also have a variety of police staff. From police community support officers to police staff and volunteers, we all play an equally important role in protecting the people of Derbyshire.
It’s a vibrant, challenging and rewarding place to work and we’re committed to equality and diversity. We aim to create a constabulary that truly reflects the communities we serve. As part of this, we promote Positive Action. This means when you apply to join us, as well as assessing you on merit, we’ll look at your application according to our need and in line with current legislation to actively encourage a more diverse workforce.